13 Mark Twain
Madison, WI 53705
Contact: Steven Goodman, PhD
- Business plan assistance
- Market research
- Scientific/technical review
- Federal funding proposal assistance
- Healthcare/Medical services
- Information Technology
10H Technology provides expert assistance to small technology businesses in obtaining governmental research funding through Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR/STTR) and related federal and foundation grants programs.
10H uniquely provides expertise “from both sides of the table” based on the Principal’s decades of reviewing SBIR and other grant proposals for US and Canadian agencies and Foundations. 10H helps firms create the best possible proposals by closely working with their team to invent and refine their proposals, which often lead to significant enhancement of their underlying technologies. Honed from reviewing experience, 10H focuses proposals to meet federal SBIR review criteria including Significance, Technical viability, Experimental design, Budgeting, Market needs, and the team’s capability to perform the work and develop the business. This targeting significantly improves the probability of funding while also enhancing the client’s business planning.
10H uses the same tools to assist small technology businesses with Business Planning. In addition to editing, this also includes assessment of Intellectual Property, development of Explanatory Graphics, and the evaluation of the intended Market, all done from the perspective of potential Angel and Venture Capitalist investors or other target audiences. Additional assistance can include the design and preparation of PowerPoint Presentations.
10H again uses these same skills to assist Angel and Venture Capitalists with performing the technical due diligence of potential recipients of equity investments.
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Goodman, Chief Scientific Officer, has over 20 years experience in obtaining grants from NIH, NSF and Foundations to support academic research and industrial R&D as principal investigator and proposal author. This includes over a dozen NIH and NSF SBIR and other grants, and as consultant for SBIR and other grants funded by government agencies including the DoD and private Foundations.
Dr. Goodman brings broad knowledge of life sciences, biotechnology, and engineering as a former professor of Biomedical Engineering, Physiology and Biomaterials, and as an adjunct Full Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Experience includes:
- 15 years as a consultant to medical device industry.
- Director of Biotechnology for Imago Scientific Instruments.
- 15+ issued and pending patents with several licensed and commercialized.
- Transfer of patented technologies to start-up and established businesses.
- 100’s of scientific publications including presentations on medical devices, microscopy, grant funding, and technology transfer.
- Editorial positions on medical device journals.
Technical expertise and knowledge includes:
- Advanced Microscopy: Optical, Electron, Scanning Probe and others.
- Cell Biology especially Cardiovascular and Neurobiology.
- Polymers and other material sciences.
- Biomedical Materials, Drug Delivery and Medical Device Technology.
- Medical Device development, testing and regulation.
- Intellectual Property Assessment and Management.
10H has worked with clients in the following technological areas:
- Biotechnology instrumentation.
- Cell culture devices.
- Digital electronic communication systems.
- Drug delivery technologies.
- Drugs and biopharmaceuticals.
- Implantable and invasive medical devices including orthopaedic, cardiovascular, urological, radiological.
- Microscopy Instrumentation and devices.
- Nano- and micro-technologies including optical, electronic, and biological.
- Software for healthcare management.
Dr. Goodman’s experience in technology development in academia, business and government can rapidly obtain additional experts from dozens of leaders in engineering, science, medicine, medical device regulation, intellectual property, and business development.