New SBIR Advance Solicitation for Phase II Awardees ONLY Now Open
Companies who have already submitted their Phase 2 proposal, but have not been awarded should talk to Todd Strother about their eligibility.
Use of Funds:
WEDC created the SBIR Advance program to provide state match funding, training, and other resources to Wisconsin businesses to advance the commercialization of SBIR/STTR-funded technology and expedite economic and job creation impact in Wisconsin. The program aims to fill critical funding gaps for activities such as market research, customer validation, patent development, business model development, and regulatory assessment restricted under federal awards.
SBIR Advance grants are used for commercialization activities that will accelerate business development and improve company opportunities for Phase 2 and Phase 3 federal awards and for investor funding. For details, please contact CTC’s Dr. Todd Strother.
Companies with a current Phase 2 SBIR/STTR award may be eligible to apply for a Phase 2 Match Grant. WEDC gives preference to companies that are early stage and have won only one (1) Phase 2 award. Companies with more than two SBIR/STTR Phase 2 awards are not eligible for SBIR Advance.
To receive cash awards, awardees complete commercialization milestones designed to accelerate business development. Activities will include the completion of an approved commercialization plan or funding strategy, regulatory plan, or similar assessment as defined by the business need. Below is an overview of cash awards and associated milestones.
SBIR/STTR Phase 1 and 2 Match Milestones
- No Phase 1 Matches will be awarded during this round of SBIR Advance.
- Phase 2 award match: Matches up to $75K per year for up to 2 years of Phase 2 SBIR/STTR award. Awards will be paid out upon completion of designated milestones. Companies must apply each year for a $75K Phase 2 Match Grant. Eligible companies can apply for a second year Match Grant after they have completed the first year match milestones. Companies with less than 1 year left on a Phase 2 award can apply for only one year ($75K) of Match Grant.
Please Note: All Tasks, Milestones, and Deliverables for this award MUST be completed by May 1, 2019.
The following outlines eligibility requirements for SBIR Advance grants.
- Current first-time or second time Phase 2 awardees with no less than 6 months before award end date
- Companies that have won more than two Phase 2 SBIR or STTR awards are currently not eligible for the SBIR Advance program.
- If you have questions about eligibility please contact Dr. Todd Strother.
SBIR Advance Solicitation Schedule:
Letter of Intent Due at Noon on April 19, 2018
Full Application Due at Noon on May 3, 2018
If this is your first time applying for one of CTC's grants or if you applied for a grant BEFORE July 2017, you must create a new account in our grant management system.
If you have applied for one of our grants after July 2017, you already have an account in our new system. Please use that same login information when applying for SBIR Advance.
Companies who have already submitted their Phase 2 Proposal, but who have not been notified of an award should speak to Todd Strother about their eligibility.
SBIR Advance Application Guidelines:
Contact Dr. Todd Strother (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.