The following companies are eligible to apply for the SBIR/STTR Matching Grant:
- Phase 1 Match Grant – Current/recent SBIR/STTR Phase 1 awardees that are Wisconsin based small businesses that are eligible for and intend to proceed to Phase 2, and
- Are currently conducting a Phase 1 SBIR project, or
- Have completed a Phase 1 project within the past 12 months AND are still eligible to submit a Phase 2 proposal.
- Companies that previously won more than three Phase 2 SBIR/STTR awards in the last 4 years should not apply for a Phase 1 Match Grant. These companies may apply for a Phase 2 Match if they are still eligible.
Phase 1 applicants must identify a commercial team of at least 3 active participants including company senior leadership, and agree to participate in all sessions of the Lean Startup Training Program outlined below which starts on or around February 4, 2019.
- Phase 2 Match Grant – Phase 2 awardees having received no more than three Phase 2 awards AND with a current award end date after July 1, 2018.
- Applicants who have both a current Phase 1 and Phase 2 award should apply for a Phase 2 match.
- Applicants who have a previous Phase 2 SBIR Advance Match grant award must complete the first Match grant milestones before applying for a second Phase 2 Match grant. These applicants must include a description of the first SBIR Advance Match grant milestones and accomplishments and a justification for a second year of Match grant funding.
- Please contact Todd Strother to discuss eligibility to use SBIR Advance funds to match Phase 2B or other federal SBIR/STTR funding programs.
- Phase 2 Match applicants must agree to participate in up to three Investor Readiness Workshops presented by CTC as part of the SBIR Advance program.
If you have questions about eligibility please contact Dr. Todd Strother.
Full SBIR Advance Page